Coconut Milk Shampoo Benefits- Fix Frizz & Dull-Looking Hair
Coconut milk is widely used by many persons to help them achieve their healthy hair/scalp goals. But, is it as effective if infused in shampoos? Well, keep on reading to learn how to correctly use this shampoo. And most of all WHY WE DO NOT RECOMMEND IT FOR EVERYONE.
So read on to see the benefits of using shampoos infused with coconut milk, our recommendations, and why.
Benefits Of Coconut Milk Shampoo
Coconut extractions are known for their amazing values, toward our hair and scalp health. Here are the many benefits of using shampoos infused with coconut milk:
- Gives you Manageable, Softer, and Smoother Hair
Coconut milk shampoos carry high levels of lauric acids (a known Fatty Acid) that can penetrate your hair cuticles and moisturize your strands. leaving your hair tamed and smoothened.
- May Help Boost Keratin production for stronger strands
Coconut does contain a fair amount of protein which can potentially help with keratin production. However, having coconut milk infused in shampoos may hinder its effectiveness (may not be as effective ).
- Maintains shaft for stronger and healthier-looking hair
These shampoos are generally high in saturated fat, which is needed for our hair’s lipid content. This keeps hair healthy and adds shine, manageability, and strength to our hair shaft.
- Regulates scalp PH Level
Well-formulated coconut milk shampoos contain vitamin C which helps in managing a healthy scalp PH level, which reduces the risk of scalp-related issues (Fungal/ Bacterial Infection, Scalp Acne…).
- Reduces the rate of Hair Loss/Fall
As it maintains a healthy PH level, this provides your follicles with healthy scalps. Which leads to stronger follicles and a longer lifespan for strands.
- Protect against Dandruff and Dry scalp
Coconut milk carries great moisturizing abilities, which will Prevent dandruff, scaling/dryness, and other scalp issues.
- Hair becomes stronger and healthier over regular usage and care
It’s moisturizing and nurturing benefits strengthen the hair shaft and its cuticles which help to reduce risks of brittle, dry, and mid-shaft breakage in hair.
Best Coconut Milk Shampoo
- OGX Coconut Milk Shampoo- Unruly, damaged, and dull-looking hair.
- Herbal Essences Coconut Milk- Leave curls defined-looking, Perfect for curly to coily Hair
- WOW Coconut Milk Shampoo- Maintains PH Level, adds shine, and tames unruly dull-looking hair.
OGX Coconut Milk Shampoo Review
OGX Coconut Milk Shampoo was designed with the ability to cleanse and yet leave your hair feeling smooth. This shampoo contains both; coconut milk which penetrates and softens your strands. And coconut oil; which coats your strands leaving a shiny looking.
Its formulations work well with persons who have unruly, damaged, and dull-looking hair. Click here to see the Price of the Shampoo+ Conditioner on Amazon
The Don’ts About OGX Coconut Milk Shampoo
- OGX Coconut Milk Shampoo tends, not to lather as well as most shampoos.
- For persons with thin/ thinning hair, this shampoo may leave your hair lying flat, rather than providing a volumized look.
- It is also not suited for persons with greasy and oily hair type, as it is a deep moisturizing shampoo containing oil.
Herbal Essences Coconut Milk Review
Herbal Essences Coconut Milk shampoo is a hydration shampoo that has a light-weighted and thin consistency. It contains high moisturizing and nourishing properties that lather very easily making it perfect for deep cleansing and restoring healthy moisture to hair and scalp.
The Herbal Essences Hydration Coconut Milk shampoo+ conditioner combo works perfectly for black women’s hair and hair types ranging from Thick curly to coily.
Herbal Essences Coconut Milk can be easily picked up from your local supermarkets. OR Click here to see their price right on Amazon.
Wow Coconut Milk Shampoo Review
The Wow Coconut Milk Shampoo and conditioner combo were designed with nourishing ingredients. This formulation can tame frizzy and revive dull-looking hair, giving your soft shiny hair after use.
Although this shampoo does not lather well, it does focus on maintaining a healthy PH Level for your scalp. This helps to reduce scalp issues caused by fungal and bacterial infections.
Click here to see more about this Shampoo+ Conditioner on Amazon
Salon Shampoos Related Articles:
- Pureology Shampoo Review- For Dry, Frizzy & Weak Hair
- Redken Acidic Bonding Concentrate- For healthier-looking hair fast
- Moroccan Oil Shampoos Review – Benefits & Who Should Use It
Other Related Questions:
Can Coconut Milk Shampoo cause Hair Growth
Coconut milk has the ability to maintain healthy scalps, and stronger hair & follicles. These are all necessary for promoting a longer life span when it comes to our hair. But shampoos infused with coconut milk can not cause our hair to grow any faster than it already is.
Is Coconut Milk Shampoo Good For Dry Scalp & Hair
Short answer, Yes, Well formulated Shampoos infused with Coconut Milk can effectively provide the necessary nourishment and moisturize your scalp and strands. leaving you will healthy luscious flowing hair.
Is Coconut Milk Shampoo Good For Natural Hair
For persons with naturally Thick, dry, and unruly hair, Coconut milk shampoo might be one of the best choices for you. These shampoos are generally well formulated to control frizz, moisturize dry scalp and hair, and are perfectly safe for natural hair types.
However, if you have naturally thin/ thinning hair and looking for volume after shampooing. It would be best to look for a volumizing shampoo rather than a moisturizing shampoo
Is Coconut Milk Shampoo Good For Damaged Hair
Any gentle well- formulated light-weighted shampoo infused with coconut milk can effectively cleans your scalp and yet be gentle enough on damaged hair. But, Shampoo alone can not restore the proper nourishment needed to revive your damaged hair.
Does Coconut Milk Shampoo Make Your Hair Greasy
Shampoos infused with Coconut Milk are generally very moisturizing, mainly because coconut milk carries a high level of nourishing and moisturizing contents.
Hence, we do not recommend shampoo infused with coconut milk for persons with:
- Oily hair and scalp, as their formulas are usually very moisturizing and will only lead to greasiness faster.
- Thin/thinning hair will leave hair looking fatter and lifeless on your head. Heavy moisturizing shampoos like these will only weigh your hair down, rather than adding any volume.
- If you are living in a tropical region/ hot area, avoid using shampoos that offer intense moisturization like coconut milk shampoos, so as to avoid greasiness.
Learn how to deal with greasy hair without having to wash it too often
Is Coconut Milk Shampoo Good For Dandruff
Coconut milk shampoos are known for having great moisturizing benefits. Hence their ability to condition your scalp leaves it all healthy and helps to reduce the chances of dandruff and scalp scaling.
Other Related Shampoos Articles: