We all have experienced dry skin after waxing, whether we are using Hard Wax or Soft Wax it happens. But waxing is supposed to give us; smooth, and beautiful-looking skin. Then why is it dry?
And Even if you are carrying out aftercare you still notice your skin becoming dry? Then continue reading about how to get your skin from dry to softer and healthier-looking after waxing.
Dry Skin After Waxing
Our skin is bound to become a bit dryer after waxing. And the main reason is that during the waxing procedure a lot of our water content and natural oils are being taken away, leaving us with dry, irritated skin. Other reasons can be:
- When Poor aftercare is being carried out, your skin does not receive the attention it needs by applying the necessary treatments (Moisturizers).
- By using moisturizers that contain ingredients like; isopropyl, alcohol, or sulfates can dry out your skin.
- Using Pure oils as moisturizers will not add moisture to your skin. Oil is considered to be a sealant (meaning it locks in and locks out moisture).
- Cold Climate can affect your skin by drying it out faster than usual. (The cooler the climate, the more you should moisturize).
- Not applying moisturizer after a shower, when showering we often tend to scrub away the natural oils from our skin, this is why it is important to moisturize after bathing.
Related Articles- Or Click the link so you can learn about Threading on our comparison articles- Threading Vs Waxing Which Is Best For Face & Upper Lips
Can I Moisturize My Skin After Waxing
It is mandatory to moisturize after waxing any part of your body, it is a great way to restore lost moisture to the skin. However, depending on the location you have waxed, you need to wait a certain period before moisturizing.
This is done accordingly to avoid; clogged pores, irritation, and especially exposing your now skin sensitive to chemicals and fragrances.
How Soon After Waxing Should You Moisturize
- Facial Moisturization should continue 1-2 days after waxing, Our skin there is already very sensitive so certain ingredients found in these products can cause more irritation even dryness. Click here to learn more about waxing aftercare.
- No need to moisturize your underarms as it tends to release a lot of natural oils, moisturizing that area will only cause clogged pores and lead to a faster bacteria build-up.
- You may moisturize your Arms and Legs after 12-24 hours post waxing treatment. If, irritations do occur put treatment to a pause until later.
- After waxing your Bikini areas you may moisturize after 5-6 hours post waxing. However, this is after showering, (preferably a hot shower). After moisturizing use a dry oil to help seal in the moisture.
Learn more on: Itchy After Waxing: Causes, Prevention & How to Treat it
What To Apply After Facial Wax
The skin on our face is already one of the most sensitive areas of our body. that why it is advised to use treatments that are alcohol-free, fragrance-free, and Non-Comedogenic, whilst providing instant Hydration and Moisturization.
See The CETAPHIL Daily Hydrating Lotion, which fits the full requirements for rehydration of your skin. Click here to see the price of your facial moisturizer, Available on amazon.
What To Apply On Legs After Waxing
We all hate that flaky, ashy-looking skin our legs develop after every waxing session, and normal moisturizing lotions don’t seem to do anything. And with all the false promises, it has become very hard to tell which would actually work.
Well, The AmLactin Rapid Relief Restoring Body Lotion was specifically formulated for this purpose and has helped many persons with all skin types to get rid of their dry skin problems. You can get this lotion on Amazon, so Click here to see its price.
Moisturizer For Bikini Area After Waxing
After getting a bikini wax you may experience dryness, irritation, and even ingrown hair. And seeing that we are constantly wearing garments which are sometimes very tight around that area, can cause these ingrown hairs and the removal of natural oils.
The FUR OIL is an oil-based treatment that creates a barrier between you and your garments, which helps; prevent irritation and ingrown hair.
It will also lock in moisture, and help with hyperpigmentation caused by the trauma from the wax. Click Here to see the price of the Fur Oil on Amazon.
Is Aloe Vera Good After Waxing
Well, Aloe vera is already a known natural moisturizer, so by applying treatments that contain high content of Aloe Vera can rehydrate and return the moisture lost from your waxed skin.
Because of its light texture, it is easily absorbed into the skin without clogging open pores. After waxing aloe vera can also;
- Help your broken skin regenerate by improving the connections between collagen.
- Protect your now more sensitive skin from bacteria because of its antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties.
You can easily extract the aloe from the aloe vera plant to ensure you are getting your 100% natural aloe, and apply it directly to the waxed area. Or,
See The Aloe Infusion Moisturizer for both Body and Face, natural and organic properties makes it an excellent choice as a post-wax Moisturizing Treatment. Click here to see the price of the Aloe moisturizer on Amazon.
Can I Put Coconut Oil After Waxing
Is coconut oil a good moisturizer after waxing? Well, you have to realize that oils do not add moisture to your skin. Your skin may look smoother and healthy after applying it, but that is because the oil is just sitting there, which can even now cause clogged pores.
So to return the moisture lost during waxing we need light water-based treatments that will actually penetrate our skin that works inside-out. However, oiling can be done after applying a gentle moisturizer so as to lock in the moisture, making it a perfect sealant.
Refrain from using too much oil on your face, especially if you are easily prone to acne and breakout. This is because natural oils work as sealants and can contribute to clogged pores.
Can I Use Vaseline After Waxing
Vaseline works as an occlusive agent, meaning it does not apply any moisture to your skin, all it does is create a barrier from the outside impurities, and works as a perfect sealant for the existing moisture, when it is applied to your skin.
It is wise to refrain from using Vaseline especially after waxing as it can cause clogged pores and irritation.
What Can You Use To Moisturize After Waxing
Some other very effective moisturizers, that can be used on your skin after waxing. Please make sure to read or seek advice from a dermatologist if you are unsure about either of them.
1 – The Neutrogena Ultra Combo- Facial Use
Neutrogena Ultra gives you both a Moisturizer and a Hydrating Facial Cleanser. These treatments are; hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and alcohol-free, which makes them perfect for our dry and sensitive skin after waxing.
2 – Hyaluronic Acid Supplement- Face & Body
If however you experience clogging of pores because of facial moisturizer or bodily lotions. You can try another way to help your dry skin after waxing. This is by consuming Hyaluronic Acid Capsules. This help replenishes and moisturizes your skin inside-out.
3 – The NOW Vegetable Glycerin- Body Lotion
Get rid of rough dried skin by using products containing Glycerin, it’s a type of moisturizing agent that pulls water into the outer layer of your skin from deeper levels of the skin.