How Long to Leave Eyebrow Tint On & What Could Go Wrong
Eyebrow tinting has been around for quite a while and over the past years, it has gained so much more recognition within the beauty industry. It’s a service offered at almost every salon and the best part is it’s entirely safe for DIY right at home.
So let us get into helping you find answers, to DIY your own brow tinting in the comfort of your home.
How Long To Leave Eyebrow Tint On
Brow tints would always come with their directions where you can see recommended timings for that specific brand. However, if not, you can let the tint sit on your brows for 10 -20 minutes (processing time).
Ensure to always set a timer and not get distracted while your brows are being processed.
Stop using your Coconut oil Wrong: Click here to see how to actually use coconut oil as a sealant for thicker healthier Brows
When Brow Tint Left On For Too Long
What happens when your brow tint was left to process for too long? well, you see eyebrow tints would contain certain active ingredients, preservatives, and even allergens. Now when these ingredients are left too long on your hair and skin, it can cause:
- Swelling-If Allergic
- Burning sensation
- Too dark brows
- Absorbed into the skin layers.
DIY your eyebrow right at home Click here to learn more
What Happens If You Wipe Tint Too Soon from Brows
Removing tint from brows before time can result in poorly done work. You may not get the results you wanted and would have to redo the application process.
To avoid this always make sure to read the instructions on the packaging.
Is it safe to Leave Eyebrow Tint On Overnight
Is it safe to leave a tint on your brows overnight? Well, due to the active ingredients, chemicals, and certain preservatives it is recommended to not leave your brow tint on overnight.
What Happens When Tint Is Left On Eyebrows OverNight
We already know it is not recommended to leave it on longer than needed. but, what could really happen if the tint was left overnight to process? Well,
- During our night sleep, our skin cells regenerate, this process of renewal is basically exfoliation /shedding of the epidermis. So having thick layers of pigments stuck onto our hair/ skin can affect the regenerating process by slowing it down, or even cause an adverse reaction.
- Because of less sebum production at night, our skin can become very dry, and tints are already very drying, this can further lead to flaky skin. And this is not good for healthy follicles.
- When we sleep our skin becomes slightly hotter and more acidic. So if mixed with chemicals from tint it can lead to you having an adverse reaction and even cause breakouts.
- When our skin becomes hotter our pores will obviously expand. now, this is only leaving access for tint (containing allergen and preservatives) to clog our pores.
- Clogged pores due to tints can cause breakouts and even inflamed follicles around the brows area.
- Leaving your tint on overnight you are creating breeding grounds for bacteria, which can then lead to severe problems like folliculitis.
- You stand the risk of overprocessing your brows, which can damage the hair shaft.
- Chemicals found in many tints can cause your hair to fall.
Click the link to learn more on: How Often Can You Tint Your Eyebrows Without Damaging Them
Brow Related Articles
Best Brow Lamination Aftercare Oil & How to Use Correctly
Check out this New EYEBROW HACK for fluffier brows
Effective Ways To Tame & Fix Unruly EyeBrows
Does Vaseline Help Grow EyeBrows – Actual Truth
Best Oils For Eyebrow Growth & How To Use For Results
Rosemary Oil For Eyebrow Growth- Side Effects & How to Use
Vitamin E Oil for Thicker Eyebrows- Results in 2 Months
Best Nourishing oil for eyebrow and lash Health
Is Brow Lamination Safe For Pregnancy & Safer Alternatives
Allergic Reactions To Brow Tint-Everything You Need To Know
Eyebrow tint Gone Wrong (Overtint)
So, unfortunately, you have over tint your brows, meaning the tint was left sitting on your brows for far too long, and now you may be experiencing:
- Extremely dark brow– Because pigments from dye were left on for too long.
- Brow hairs have become stiff and frizzed– Caused by preservatives and chemicals found in these tints.
- Eyebrow Hair and Skin feels dried up – These are results of the harmful drying ingredients in the tint.
- Loss of hair– By chemicals drying out hair and skin making follicles weaker leading to hair fallout.
Well, lucky for your cause you can fix any of these accordingly by using these effective methods.
Is Eyebrow Tinting Safe During Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
How to Fix Brow Tint Left on too Long
Lighten Extremely Dark Brows You Can:
Because the tint was left on the brows overnight, the pigments will keep working on absorbing themselves into your skin and treating a strong outer layer on the hair shaft. So to lighten your heavily pigmented brows you can use a Baking soda Paste.
- Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with your shampoo into a thick paste.
- Apply the paste to your brows and massage in.
- Leave the paste on your brows for a few minutes (5- 10 minutes depending on the intensity of the color)
- Rinse the mixture off from your brows and part dry. (Repeat process if needed)
Or Click here to see 7 Ways To Lighten & Remove EyeBrow Tint That’s too Dark
Fix Stiff Brow Hairs From Brow Tint
After exposing hair to Brow tint which contains preservatives and chemicals for a long period of time, it will have a negative effect on the texture of our hair. So to fix this:
You can use a regular light conditioner on your brows for a few seconds or a water-based serum to restore the texture of your brow hairs.
The RevitaBrow Conditioning Serum will effectively restore your brows texture and it also contains active ingredients that promote hair growth. Click here to see Reviews of this serum on Amazon.
Hair & Skin feeling Dried up From Brow Tint
If brow hairs and the skin beneath brows are dried, it’s due to the loss of moisture and water content. So, to revive your hair and skin you need to rehydrate both skin and hair you can do this by:
Using a regular facial cream or any emollient-based product can add nutrients and rehydrate both your skin and hair altogether. OR
See The Cutemol Emollient Moisturizing Cream, which is very gentle on the skin and contains natural ingredients like beeswax which can restore hair and skin nutrients. Whilst the lanolin content helps to avoid the evaporation of water from the skin and hair. Click here to see the price of this cream on Amazon.
Brow Tint Cause Loss of Brow Hair
Losing brow hairs will be a very minimum experience from brow tint. But if you have lost quite a lot and want to return to your full healthy looking brows, you will need a serum with all the right nutrients for both your skin and which will help regenerate and heal hair follicles.
Well, The Revita-brow Conditioner does just that because it contains beneficial ingredients for healthier brows, it has been used by many celebrities to reach the goal of thicker natural brows. Click here to see the reviews and how it has helped many people.
Video Showing How To Use The Revita-Brow Conditioner
Does Vaseline actually grow your brows? or are you using it wrongly? Click to see Does Vaseline Help Grow EyeBrows – Actual Truth
Recommend Eyebrow Tints
The Godefroy Hair Color Kit is one of the most recommended kits by many beauticians. And that is because it’s safe and gets the job done effectively. It contains No odor, No ammonia, and no parabens. once done correctly it can last you up to 6 weeks long.
The Godefroy Hair Color Kit comes in the four listed colors:
- Natural Black
- Dark Brown
- Medium Brown
- Light Brown
Click here to see your shade of Godefroy Brow tint on Amazon.
Or Use Organic Dyes Click here to learn more on Best Henna Brow Kit – Safe & Effective
How to Use The Godefroy Hair Color Kit
Brow Related Articles
Eyebrow & Eyelash Split Ends – Causes & How to Fix
Refectocil Eyebrow Tint Review – Is it Safe & How to Use
Grandebrow Review – Does It Work & Side Effects
The Ordinary Lash Serum – Does it Work & Side Effects
How to DIY Henna Brows: A Natural Method to Tint Brows
Best Henna Brow Kits that are Safe & Affordable.
5 Effective Ways To Tame & Fix Unruly EyeBrows