6 Best Neem Shampoo – Benefits & Side Effects
Neem shampoos possess antimicrobial and other properties that help you to target numerous problems within the overall health of your hair and scalp.
However, there are many different neem shampoos with numerous claims. But, don’t get carried away with their 1-fix-all promises. Let us guide you through some of the best neem shampoos and what they are most effective at doing.
Is Neem Shampoo Safe For Hair
Shampoos infused with neem oil carry great benefits for both hair and scalp as it is generally safe. The shampoo can now perform better with the added moisturizing and anti-microbial properties.
Benefits of Neem Shampoo
Neem shampoo has been shown to:
- Get rid of head lice
- Help with dry and itchy scalp
- Help treat fungal and bacterial scalp infections
- Can potentially help individuals with Dandruff and Psoriasis
If you are suffering from a serious hair ailment before using any type of shampoo as a form of treatment you should consult with your doctor first.
Does Neem Shampoo Prevent Hair Loss
Neem is greatly known for its antimicrobial properties. which can fight off fungi and bacteria that contribute to hair loss by infecting follicles.
Neem Shampoo can only help reduce hair loss if it’s due to an unhealthy scalp, bacteria, or fungi problem. If it reasons are somewhat bodily or medically related, it may not be as effective.
How Often to Use Neem Shampoo
Neem shampoos can be used 1 – 2 times per week. Over-shampooing your scalp and hair, will eventually lead to dryness of both your scalp and hair.
See below as we not only recommended safe Neem Shampoo but also a guide to help you choose and identify the benefit of each.
Related Article: How to DIY Make Neem Oil for Hair at Home.
6 Best Neem Shampoos For Hair
- 100% Pure Burdock & Neem Shampoo – Ideal for Dry & Itchy Scalps
- Mediker Neem Shampoo – Best to treat Head Lice & Nits
- Auromere Ayurvedic Shampoo – Ideal for dealing with dandruff & flaky scalps
- TheraNeem Shampoo – Best dandruff remedy for kids & those with sensitive skin
- Zatural Neem Shampoo – Perfect to treat Psoriasis & Eczema Scalp
- IHeart Nature Neem Shampoo Bars – Affordable & Convenient
1. 100% Pure – Burdock & Neem Healthy Scalp Shampoo
Dry and itchy scalps can be caused by many reasons, such as:- seasonal changes, allergic reactions, overgrowth of yeast on the skin, environmental conditions, etc. All of these can lead to dandruff, inflammation and/or other skin condition.
The Burdock and Neem found in 100% Pure Shampoo have very high levels of essential fatty acids and strong anti-bacterial properties. Which work effectively together to give you fast and amazing relief for your dry and itchy scalp.
- Treats flaking, dryness and uncomfortable itching,
- Great for healthy hair growth, by unclogging product and oil buildup from your scalp (purifying herbs, neem, nettle, and burdock)
- Deeply hydrates dry, itchy scalp due to its natural and organic ingredients (aloe juice and rose hydrosol)
- Replenish lost moisture to thirsty strands (coconut oil and vitamin e)
- Safe for hair color (the formula is made with gentle ingredients and free of harsh chemicals).
- Safe for hair (sulfate-free, no harmful, parabens, PEGS, artificial fragrances, and free of moisture-stripping detergents)
Where to Get 100% Pure Neem Shampoo
You can get 100% Pure Neem Clarifying Shampoo on Amazon, you can click here to see the current price for a bottle there.
2. Mediker Neem Shampoo
Neem shampoo is one of the safest and fastest ways to either prevent or get rid of head lice.
This is because neem shampoo contains Azadirachtin which is found in neem seeds. And Azadirachtin is known to reduce lice feeding and acts as a repellent. It also interferes with their hormone systems, making it harder for them to grow and lay eggs.
Mediker Neem Shampoo:
- Is great for kids who have lice
- Contains natural ingredients (Such as neem, coconut, and sitaphal extract)
- A naturally painless effective method to remove lice after 4 washes.
- Safe and gentle for regular use
- Clinically tested.
Where You Can Get Mediker Neem Shampoo
You can get Mediker Shampoo on Amazon you can click here to see the current price there.
3. Aromere Ayurvedic Shampoo, Neem + 5
Neem shampoos are famously known for their amazing antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties, which work together to help you get rid of your dandruff FAST.
And Aromere has one of the best shampoos for treating dandruff and flaky scalp.
It also prevents the regular onset of dandruff (which happens due to under and over-shampooing).
Aromere Neem Shampoo also:
- Promotes healthy hair growth.
- cleansing and rejuvenating properties that eliminate unwanted elements.
- Use less with every wash (highly concentrated with gentle and effective herbal ingredients).
- natural fragrance (Rose and Tulsi essential oils).
- Vegan, Cruelty-free, Non-GMO, Sulfate-free, Gluten-free, & Paraben-free.
Where to Get Aromere Neem Shampoo
You can get Aromere Neem Shampoo on Amazon, you can click here to see the current price for a bottle there.
Is Dry Shampoo Bad For Your Lungs & Health- Actual Truth
4. TheraNeem Anti Dandruff Shampoo
TheraNeem shampoo has a gentle touch which is best suited for kids who are dealing with dandruff and for those with sensitive scalps.
- Cleanses, tones, and refreshes sensitive scalp (due to its organic neem oil extract)
- Gently removes buildup while calming sensitive areas
- Hydrates and smooths all hair types (leaving it softer and shinier)
- Is Vegan (lab-verified for the purity and quality of its ingredients)
Where to Get TheraNeem Shampoo
You can get TheraNeem Shampoo on Amazon, you can click here to see the current price for a bottle there.
However, as effective as they are, neem shampoos tend to leave hair feeling all parched and dried up. The best way to avoid this is to pre-shampoo when washing your hair.
Can You Use Dry Shampoo When Pregnant / Breastfeeding
The Dry Shampoo Hack–Dry Shampoo Before Bed -Is It Safe, What You Need to Know
Is Dry Shampoo Better Than Washing Your Hair
5. Zatural Neem Shampoo
Zatural Neem Shampoo has a lot of uses but it is especially good at treating psoriasis.
Note – there is no cure for psoriasis – however, treating psoriasis with a good neem shampoo, would help to manage your flare-ups and help keep them under control. Due to the coal tar and salicylic acid content in neem.
Zatural Neem Shampoo:
Where to Get Zatural Neem Shampoo
You can get Zatural Neem Shampoo on Amazon, you can click here to see the current price for a bottle there.
6. Chagrin Valley Neem Shampoo Bars
What is a shampoo bar? As the name suggests, a shampoo bar is a solid form of the traditional hair cleanser.
Now the main difference is that shampoo bars often don’t contain the same detergents found in many liquid shampoos, which can sometimes strip hair of its natural oils.
Benefits Of Using Shampoo Bar:
- No need to worry about potential leaks, spillage, or explosions.
- Occupies less space, (due to its small size)
- Eco-friendly (you’ll cut down on plastic usage)
- Very cost-efficient
- All-natural ingredients
- Does not strip hair of its natural oils.
- Chemical free
- Convenient for traveling
Recommended Shampoo Bar
There are many different brands of neem shampoo bars but the one that I recommend for everyday use is Auromere Ayurvedic Shampoo Bar.
You can click here to see the price for a bar or Chagrin Neem Shampoo Bar on Amazon.
Are Neem Shampoos Good For Hair Growth
Neem shampoos and bars have never actually been proven to help with hair growth (as per my research).
You see these products do not provide enough of the neem’s natural ingredients to the scalp in order to promote any sort of hair growth. (This is because the preparation process will also destroy most of the natural ingredients needed).
Now for healthy scalp and hair growth, I recommend using either Neem Oil or Neem Paste. Here are some great articles below that will guide you step by step on how to use both neem oil and neem paste.
side effects of neem Shampoo
Using neem shampoos is relatively safe for your scalp and hair. regardless there are still many people out there who should avoid it, as it may cause:
- Adverse reactions may occur in persons, whose skin is extra sensitive.
- Dryness to the scalp and hair usually happens if you shampoo too often.
- Experiencing an allergic reaction as many people are unknowingly allergic to this plant.
So, before using any shampoo, kindly be reminded to Always have a PATCH TEST Done.
Neem shampoos are already great Exfoliant for scalp build up- There are other Exfoliants you can use –Effective Ways How to Get Dry Shampoo/Build-ups Out of Hair& Scalp
How to Apply & Use Neem Oil on Your Hair