OGX Dry Shampoo- Possible Dangers & What it’s All About?
OGX Dry Shampoos are one of those famous brands we see in almost every supermarket. Although they are widely used, many persons are still unaware, of the potential dangers for their scalps, strands, and even internal health.
So keep reading as we talk about; not only the good and how effective it is. But also the possible harm it can cause from incorrectly or overly using it.
Is OGX Dry Shampoo Safe
Although, OGX Dry Shampoo will give our hair; the light feeling and volumizing effect we need, by effectively reducing the oil content. After doing our research, we do not recommend using OGX Dry Shampoo, especially for people with thin strands and sensitive scalps.
OGX dry shampoo is an aerosol spray that contains “dangerously high” levels of benzene, which can potentially lead to developing leukemia and other cancer-related problems. Citation
Best Dry Shampoo for Black Hair – How to Use & DIY Options
Read our full article on -Batiste Dry Shampoo Review- Is it Safe? Recalls? Does it lead to Balding???
Can OGX Dry Shampoo Cause Cancer
The OGX Dry Shampoo formulation contains known carcinogens (dangerously high levels of benzene). Which is a potential risk, of being cancerous to us.
The presence of benzene has not been mentioned publically and not even on labels. Long-term use of products containing these dangerous carcinogens (like benzene) can potentially put you at risk of leukemia and other cancerous issues. Citation
Is OGX Dry shampoo Bad For Your Lungs
The entire line of OGX Dry Shampoos comes from aerosol containers, which is already a big red flag. OGX dry shampoo contains ingredients that are cancerous and other harmful toxins that can potentially affect the lungs if highly and constantly inhaled.
Some Harmful ingredients present in their dry shampoos are:
Any aerosol dry shampoo requires the use of a chemical propellant that sprays out of the can. This is a colorless, and odorless gas that’s referred to as LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) which is made up of butane, propane, and isobutane.
These are three of the current known cancerous toxin found in these dry shampoos. But, Ingredients are bounded to change, So it’s advised to check on the website for updated ingredient listings.
Is Dry Shampoo Bad For Your Lungs & Internal Health- Actual Truth
Can You Use Aerosol Dry Shampoo When Pregnant / Breastfeeding
Benefits of OGX Dry Shampoo
OGX Dry Shampoo does an amazing job at returning life and freshness to your hair and scalp. Some of the amazing perks of using these shampoos are:
- They come with a variety of amazing fragrances for almost everyone.
- Will effectively eliminate any bad odor with its perfume content.
- Leaves your hair feeling fresh and volumized.
- Leaves the scalp feels clean and free of oil and grease.
- Among the many dry shampoos, OGX dry shampoos are the ones that are very affordable and effective.
- Leaves little to no white residue (if used correctly)
Full Article on – Dry Shampoo For Oily Hair- Its Side Effects, Full Guide & Safe Options
How Often Can You Safely Use Dry Shampoo -Possible Dangers
However, as effective as it is, it does come with its own risk.
Ogx Dry Shampoo Side Effects
Using OGX Dry Shampoo too often or even, moderately. It can potentially lead to side effects like:
- Potentially be cancerous to our health, due to its high level of Benzene and other possible carcinogenic ingredients.
- Can be injurious to the lungs when constantly inhaled at a very high level.
- Leaves your hair feeling dry, frizzy, and brittle, due to all its harmful chemical content.
- Cause hair fallouts which can lead to drastic hair loss, due to the unhealthy effects it will have on our scalp.
- It can potentially cause balding if used too often, without properly cleansing its chemicals and residue from our scalp.
- Thinning of strands is likely to happen as present chemicals can damage the outer and protective layer (shaft) of our hair.
- Persons who are asthmatic or have trouble breathing should avoid using this dry shampoo. As its benzene level and other toxins can be triggering to you.
- Can cause adverse reactions, especially if you have a very sensitive scalp. Hence, always patch-test any product before using it.
Also, click here for the side effects of applying Dry Shampoo on Wet Hair- Is it more effective? Is it Safe?
Dry Shampoo Before Bed for best results. But, Is It Safe? What You Need to Know
OGX Dry Shampoo Recall
Although, OGX Dry Shampoos are known for containing high levels of cancerous ingredients. They have not been recalled by johnson and johnson. As those dry shampoos still sit on shelves in supermarkets.
Does OGX Dry Shampoo Contain DMDM
DMDM hydantoin is technically a preservative and antimicrobial agent used to keep products fresh and free from contaminants. However, OGX Dry shampoos are free from DMDM hydantoin, as of the month of September 2021. Citation
Safer Dry Shampoo Options
Best Dry shampoos For Black Women Hair.
Safe Dry Shampoo Options for Weaves, Extensions & Bundles
Best Dry Shampoo for Braids- Side Effects & Alternatives
7 Effective Ways How to Get Dry Shampoo Out of Hair