NEEM PASTE is commonly known for strengthening your hair follicles leading to strong and healthier hair. Regular usage can volumize your hair and make the strands shiny.
We have all dreamt of having luscious, silky hair as we see on those hair commercials. As we all know, to get to the bottom of an issue, we have to get to the root first.
So in this article, I’ll be guiding you step by step on how to correctly use neem paste for healthy scalps which will result in healthy, strong, and shiny hair.
How to Make Neem Paste For Hair – Using Neem Powder
- Freshly picked neem leaf OR processed neem powder
- Castor Oil or Coconut Oil (Or any other preferred hair oil)
- Clean dry airtight container
Method to Make Neem Paste For Hair
- Mix neem powder with a small quantity of water to make a thick, cream-like paste.
- Pure adequate amount Castor oil or Coconut oil to paste (maintain a medium-thick texture).
- Stir until components have become fully mixed.
- Transfer to clean dry container.
- Paste is now ready for use.
How to Prepare Neem Paste from Neem Leaves
- Gently rinse and pluck leaves from the stem
- Add to a grinder/blender, with a small amount of water
- Blend for a thick, creamy-like paste.
- Then transfer to a dry clean bowl.
How to Use & Apply Neem Paste
- Firstly, divide out small sections of hair, using hair clips/hair-ties for an easy application of paste.
- Scoop an adequate amount of paste and then gently apply it directly to the scalp.
- Remove hair clips/ties, and gently massage the paste into your scalp.
- Afterwards, apply the paste to the remaining hair length.
- After working the paste into scalp and hair, put hair in a bun.
- Next, place hair in a shower cap, and let it rest for 20 mins minimum.
- Wash thoroughly with natural shampoo and conditioner.
- Damp your hair dry (avoid vigorously rubbing hair dry).
Benefits of Using Neem Paste
- Fight against dandruff and itchy scalps.
- Conditions your hair from top to bottom and hydrating dry strands.
- The fatty acids and minerals detoxify your scalp.
- Promotes hair growth while strengthening your hair follicles leading to strong luscious and healthy hair.
- Hindering split ends and aging of hair.
- Stops and prevents lice.
- It soothes our frizzy hair.
- Protects hair against environmental damage.
How Often to Apply Neem Paste
If you have relatively healthy hair you should use neem paste 2-3 times per month. But if your hair is damaged or parched you should apply it every 7-10 days.
A weekly application adds extra hydration to the hair and over time improves elasticity and moisture retention.
Note: You should reduce the number of times that you use neem paste, as your hair shows signs of improvement.
Neem powder is at its best when it’s freshly grounded at home. But if you don’t have access to neem leaves then you can click here to see a really good substitute.
See below for the oils, that made this experience very successful for me, and can for you too. Click on the links below to get these oils on Amazon
Other Methods to Use Neem For Hair