The IGK FIRST CLASS Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo is popularly known, for its oil-absorbing and detoxifying properties. This dry shampoo freshens our greasy hair, leaving it clean and revitalized.
However, as an aerosol product, there are potential dangers to consider. The pressurized aerosol container contains LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) which are potentially harmful fumes. Follow on as we share the dangers of dry shampoo in aerosol containers.
Is IGK Charcoal Dry Shampoo Safe
The IGK FIRST CLASS Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo is relatively safe, once it is used moderately and correctly. And only for the purpose it was intended for. However, I would still advise to proceed with caution, especially if your are;
- Asthmatic or have trouble breathing- The IGK Charcoal Dry Shampoos are in aerosol cans, meaning they contain LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas), which can potentially lead to breathing complications.
- Pregnant/ Breast Feeding- During pregnancies we are now more sensitive and vulnerable to almost anything. So, before using this dry shampoo kindly check with your doctor. Continue reading for more on who should not use this dry shampoo.
How Often Can You Use IGK Dry Shampoo
You can use your IGK Charcoal Dry shampoo 1-2 times weekly, followed by proper cleansing and proper scalp care. Although we personally advise against using aerosol products due to LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) and other chemicals.
However, when you do resort to using it. Do ensure to use it correctly to prevent damage and harmful side effects to your scalp, follicles and hair.
How To Use IGK Charcoal Dry Shampoo- Safely
Using your IGK Charcoal Dry Shampoo moderately and correctly can protect against any adverse reaction and side effects. Here I have included a step-by-step guide for you. Before application, you are required to Patch-Test this Dry Shampoo 24 hours prior.
- First, you need to brush through your hair so that you can distribute the oil from your scalp to the length of your hair.
- Always give your bottle a quick shake before using your dry shampoo, as this will help to activate the ingredients even more for better results.
- Hold your hair in sections and spray the dry shampoo from a distance (preferably about 6 inches away from the scalp) this help to evenly distribute it and any avoid pile-ups.
- Let it sit for 1-2 minutes and then use your fingertips and gently Massage it into your scalp and between your hair. Ensuring full coverage.
- Give your hair a quick brush through, and check to see if more is needed for extra coverage.
If you experiencing and white cast, just let your hair sit for a while and after a few minutes, it will be absorbed and gone.
Tips To Safely Use IGK Charcoal Dry Shampoo
IGK Dry Shampoos are widely used due to their popularity and effectiveness. And, regardless of their damaging side effects, many still resort to them. So here are some tips when it comes to maintaining a healthy scalp and hair.
- Aerosol Dry Shampoos such as the IGK Charcoal First Class should not be used regularly, as compared to those that are free of toxins and safer. Stick to using it only when it is really needed (rarely).
- Avoid using Dry Shampoo in enclosed spaces, especially if you have trouble breathing, during pregnancy/breastfeeding, or among young children. So, as to avoid inhaling them right into your system.
- Do not use it if you have asthmatic problems or any breathing difficulty. As it can be triggering and lead to further breathing problems.
- Always clean your scalp and hair properly, to avoid buildup and scalp acne, which can further lead to hair fallouts and other scalp implications.
- Patch Test your dry shampoo 24 hours before using.
Other Dry Shampoo Articles
Benefits of Using the IGK Dry Shampoo
Although the IGK Dry Shampoo comes in an aerosol can, which already carries its own side effects. However, this dry shampoo is still very effective. So, here are the great benefits of using it:
- Effectively removes excess sebum oil, keeping hair looking clean and fresh between washes.
- It adds volume and lift your flat/ limp hair, leaving you with fresher and fuller looking hair.
- Their dry shampoo provides texture and grip, making styling easier and giving the hair more body and definition.
- Preserve color-treated hair by reducing the frequency of washing and preventing color fade.
IGK Charcoal Dry Shampoo can be picked up from your local supermarkets or Click below to see the cost of it from Amazon.
Side Effects Of IGK Charcoal Dry Shampoo
Using your IGK Charcoal Dry Shampoo incorrectly or too often without proper care for your scalp and hair can potentially lead to side effects like:
1 – Balding and Hair Fallouts
Due to the scalp becoming unhealthy from the lack of proper care and frequent use of LPG and other chemicals. which will directly affect the follicles resulting in hair loss and even thinning of the strands.
2 – Scalp Irritation and flaking
The IGK Aerosol Dry Shampoo contains levels of LPG, preservatives, and other drying ingredients that can be too harsh for our scalp. Leading to irritation and scaling of the scalp.
Hence we recommend doing a patch test before application. (As many of us are not aware of how sensitive our Scalp may be)
3 – Trouble With Breathing
If not used moderately especially in a small enclosed area, it can be triggering, especially if you are asthmatic or constantly have breading problems.
4 – Allergic And Adverse Reactions
These reactions may occur if you are allergic to an ingredient or your scalp is too sensitive for this product.
Other Related FAQs
Does IGK Charcoal Dry Shampoo Contain Benzene
Although there are claims that the IGK First Class Charcoal Dry Shampoo is Free of Benzene. This Dry Shampoo still has signs that it can potentially contain some amount of Benzene. Here I have some tips you can use, to identify if your dry shampoo contains benzene:
- Read ingredients for propellants
- Aerosol containers required LPG (for functionality purposes) which are basically; isobutane, propane, and butane– So be cautious of aerosol Dry Shampoo.
Is IGK First Class Dry Shampoo Color Safe
The IGK First Class Dry Shampoo is safe for color and chemical-treated hair. Once used for its intended purpose, correctly and moderately.
Is IGK Dry Shampoo Sulfate Free
IGK Dry Shampoo is formulated without Parabens, sulfates SLS, and SLES. Which also makes it safe for hair that has been keratin-treated.
Can IGK Dry Shampoo Cause Hair Loss
Hair Loss can be seen as a side effect after using IGK Dry Shampoo or any other aerosol dry shampoo incorrectly, too frequently, and without proper scalp and hair care.
Does IGK Dry Shampoo Have White Residue
The IGK Charcoal First Class Dry Shampoo does leave behind a white residue. Especially when applied by holding the contained too close to your hair. However, after having it sit for a few minutes and brushing it through your strands it will eventually become absorbed, and disappears.
So it is advised when using Black Hair, to keep your dry shampoo at arm’s length before spraying the product into your hair.