Brow lamination is a non-invasive semi-permanent treatment, Which tames brows by perming them. This allows you to groom it in a feather-like formation.
However, getting brow lamination professionally done, and using a kit can be very expensive. So that’s why I will share with you 5 effective, and affordable ways to DIY imitate the perfect feather look at home.
Is Brow Lamination Safe For Pregnancy & Breastfeeding? Click here to find out why.
The 5 Best DIY methods for brow lamination without a kit are:
- Soap Brow Technique– Perfect for both thin and thick, fuller brows
- Hair Gel– Available in different consistencies, perfect for any hair type.
- Brow Wax– Amazing for a bolder and natural look. Comes in Clear and Tinted Shades.
- Hair Spray– For a light, long-lasting feather effect.
- Brow Gel– Best for fluffy feather look. Comes in Clear and Tinted.
Eyebrow Related Articles:
Click here to see other Effective Ways To Tame & Fix Unruly EyeBrows
1. Soap Brow Technique
The soap brow technique is famously known for creating the fluffy and feathery effect. This is using soap and a Spoolie, to groom brows using an upward motion to create the feather-like effect.
Video Showing Step by step guide to Apply Soap Technique
Brow soap vs brow lamination Kit
- Works best for persons with thicker fuller brows. Soap brow product has a strong grip and holding power. And it takes more control over hair than regular brow gel.
- Soap brow technique, keep brows feeling stiffer than usual. This works in making sure your brows are held and kept in place.
- Brow lamination lasts longer than soap brows. Brow Lamination will last from 4-6 weeks, whiles soap brow will only hold style until you wash or wet your brows
- Soap brow is more affordable. Brow lamination will cost you anywhere from $80-140, whereas brow soaps will only cost you $8-10.
- No risk is taken, when using brow soap. The fact that brow lamination is perming of brows, can lead to allergic reactions, brow hair falling, damage to hair follicles, etc. brow soap works as a grooming product, which is a much safer approach.
Recommended Brow Soaps
Brow Styling Soap – for a water-resistant and long-lasting look, click here to see the price on Amazon.
Pear Soap – a more affordable choice, click here to see the price for a bar on Amazon.
Translucent soap- by Shiseido is perfect to create a flawless no residue look. Click here to see the price on Amazon.
2. Hair Gel Method
With the use of regular hair gel, you can imitate the perfect feather brows (laminated brows). Just by applying a small amount, and then groom your brows.
Video Showing How to Use Hair Gel For Brow Lamination Effect
hair gel usually come in a variety of consistencies. your hair type and thickness should be considered when choosing a proper gel.
Recommended Hair Gels for Feather Brows
Got 2b Invincible Glue-Gel works like a glue which ensures long-lasting brows. Click to see the price for a bottle on Amazon.
NOTE: The black tube is more suitable since the gel is clear and does not leave any residue, unlike the Yellow tube which leaves a white residue.
Gummy Hair Styling Wax- Works amazing for both thin and thick. You can click here on Amazon to see the price for a jar on Amazon
Hair Gel Method vs brow lamination Kit
- Works amazing for persons with thin or thick, fuller brows. Hair gels come in different consistencies, which will be perfect for all types of brows.
- The hair gel method keeps brows feeling stiffer than usual. This is due to the semi-strong grip, so hair can be held and kept in place.
- Brow lamination lasts longer. Brow Lamination will last from 4-6 weeks. Whiles, gel will only hold style until washed or wet.
- Gels are more affordable. Brow lamination will cost you anywhere from $80-140, whereas gels will only cost you $4-10 (depending on size).
- No risk is taken, when using hair gel. The fact that brow lamination is perming of brows, can lead to allergic reactions, brow hair loss, damage to hair follicles, etc. Hair gels works as a grooming product, which is a much safer approach.
3. Brow wax
Brow wax is very much similar to hair & brow gel. They are best at holding and keeping hair in place. Hair wax comes in both transparent and tinted shades to match your brows.
Step-By-Step Guide to Apply brow wax
Recommended Brow Wax for Strong Hold
- Best Clear Brow Wax For both Oily and Dry Skin. Click here to See Price on Amazon.
- Effective filling-in Tinted brow wax that’s long lasting. Click here on Amazon to see Price
brow wax Method vs brow lamination Kit
- Perfect for those who prefer a bolder look since it is available in colors to match your brows.
- Brow wax has no risk of brow hair falling, damage to hair follicles, etc.
- More affordable than brow lamination
STOP using your coconut oil wrong– Does Coconut Oil Help Eyebrows Grow – The Actual Truth
4. Hair spray
Hair sprays work best for persons with thin brows. This application is very light, yet will still keep your hair in-formation until washed/ wet.
video showing- Effectively applying Hair Spray to brows for feather effect
Hair Spray Vs Brow Lamination Kit
- Hair spray is perfect for those with thin brows and who don’t prefer the bold look.
- Brow lamination is more expensive
- No risk of hair loss.
Recommended Hair Spray For Brow Lamination Effect
- Got 2B Hair Spray Works amazing for keeping feather brows intact. Click here to see the price for a pack on Amazon.
- SexyHair Big Spray & Stay Is the perfect hack for long lasting the laminated brow effect. Click here to see price for a bottle on Amazon.
5. brow gel
Brow gels were ideally meant for brow grooming purposes, to help you achieve the fluffy, feather look.
However, it may not be as strong to hold thick brows in place, it is much suited for persons with thin light brows.
DIY Step-By-Step Guide to apply brow gel
Grow your brows naturally and fast right at home!! learn how with our full articles on
Brow Gel Vs Brow Lamination
- Brow gel is not suited for persons with thick fuller brows(thicker hair strands)
- Perfect for filling in gaped areas
- More affordable
- Variety Available in clear and tinted shades
Click here to read my Article dedicated to – Brow Gel For Thicker Brows – How To Use & Possible Side Effect
Recommended Brow Gels For Feather Brows
- Thin brow’s best friend A Tinted Waterproof Brow Gel. You can click here to see the price of it on Amazon.
- NYX Cosmetics – the Best Clear Brow Gel. You can click here to see the price of it on Amazon.
How to choose your spoolie for brow Lamination Effect
A Spoolie is a handheld tool, which looks like a mascara wand. It is used for the proper grooming to create the perfect laminated brow effect (some know it as the feather brow effect).
- Spoolie handles should not be flexible. Sturdiness is very important
- Spoolie with an angle will give you a more easier finish, however, if you are comfortable with straight spoolie it will give the same outcome.
- Size of spoolie you should let the volume of your brows determine the spoolie size. Spoolie with longer bristle works best with thick fuller brows.
Click here to see the price for a Spoolie on Amazon – which can be used to groom your brows